3.3.2 Release 3.3.2
3.3.1 Release 3.3.1
3.2.2 Release 3.2.2Release 3.2.2
3.2.1 [RELEASE] Version 3.2.1Release 3.2.1
- Add missing line-height to page footer
- Resolve some security vulnerabilities concerning insecure npm packages
- Download latest source file and update source data
- Add CSV file integrity check in python script, can be disabled with argument
- Add argument
--quietto suppress status messages while executing python script
3.2.0 [RELEASE] Version 3.2.0
3.1.0 [RELEASE] Version 3.1.0Release 3.1.0
With this release, a version bug has been fixed. Since b4d96a72 it's necessary to run the Python script with at least Python version 3.6 (and not version 3.5 as it was claimed before). This information has now been added to the documentation. Additionally, support of Travis CI has been added to the repository in order to test core functionalities of the project.
3.0.0 [RELEASE] Version 3.0.0Release 3.0.0
With this release, the project is now responsive! You can use it on every device but please note that when using it on mobile devices, you will get a warning that your device size is not perfect. For the best experience, use a device with at lease 1200 pixels width. Additionally, some styling and markup has been modified.
Another feature which has been added is the ability to share the current settings by copying and sharing the current URL of the page. This is possible since the current settings are now added as URL fragments to the current URL. When loading the page, these fragments will be used to preselect the settings for the visualization.
Since it's necessary, I also added the ability to download and show the license of the data which are provided by the Federal Statistical Office of Germany. You will find license information at the bottom of the page inside the footer.
- #2 (Responsive)
Please update to this version if you have used version 2.1.1 before.
With this release, a previously introduced bug has been fixed which makes it no longer possible to build the project site using one of these scripts:
yarn run build npm run-script build gulp --production
The issue existed since the newly introduced Font behaviour was not compliant with the usage of the
gulp-uglifywas replaced with
Attention: This release contains a bug which makes it no longer possible to build the project using
yarn run buildor
npm run-script build. Please use version 2.1.2 wich fixes this issue.
With this release, the SCSS code structure has been simplified and re-structured. Some values have been defined as variables and can be easily adapted using the appropriate
Additionally, the shebang line inside the Python script has been adapted for better support of Python 3 across different environments.
- #4 (Update shebang in Python script)
Maphas been refactored to avoid re-definition of this class name due to the existing
Refactoring of Python script
- Type annotations for global variables and functions (including parameters and return types). Note that this requires at least Python 3.5.
- Removed usage of unverified context when accessing remote files. Note: If you have problems concerning uninstalled certificates on macOS, take a look at the Readme to solve this problem.
- Refactoring of function names and variables (from upper camel case to lowercase with underscore)
- New function
message(text: str, state: int, *args: str)which handles the output of messages
- Additional tests for source data provided within data/source.json
- Option to define the last data row in data/source.json as difference from the total number of rows. This makes the source file more flexible since updates to the data file can be handled more efficiently.
- Documentation for all functions
VisualizationMapto avoid re-definition of this class name due to the existing
- Extend documentation for
- #3 (Code documentation)
1.1.0 [1.1.0] Add a python script to get the latest dataRelease 1.1.0
This release adds a download script which makes it possible to download the latest data from the remote source file. To run the script, make sure that you have
You can download the latest data using the following command:
More information can be found inside the
1.0.1 1.0.1Release 1.0.1
This release fixes some small bugs:
- Set correct assets/data path for
- Add GitHub link to page footer
- Set correct assets/data path for
1.0.0 Student growth 1.0.0Release 1.0.0
This is the initial release of "Student growth", a D3-based visualization about the student growth in Germany in the last 20 years.